Centr 'Chris's Challenge' rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CHALLENGE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Centr’s ‘Chris’s Challenge’ (the “Challenge”) is open to legal residents of the United States and its territories, Canada and Australia (excluding (i) US residents of Florida, Rhode Island and New York, (ii) Canadian residents of Quebec, and (iii) Australian residents of New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia and Northern Territory), who are at least eighteen years old at the time and date of entry. Employees and directors of Centr LLC and any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and advertising or promotional agencies or individuals involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Challenge and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members'' means parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” means people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not.
2. Governing Terms: By entering the Challenge, the entrant (“Entrant”) represents and warrants that Entrant has read these rules (the “Rules”) and agrees to be bound by the Rules and the decisions of the Promoter, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Challenge. The Challenge is governed by these Rules and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sponsor/Promoter: Centr LLC, with a registered address at 255 Airport Circle Ste 101, Corona CA 92880 (“Centr”).
4. Prizes: One (1) winner will receive a lifetime membership to Centr, with an approximate retail value of U.S. $7,020 (“Lifetime Membership”). Each Entrant who completes the requirements specified below will receive Centr swag, drink bottle, (“Swag”) with an approximate retail value of U.S. $30 (each, a “Swag Winner”). The Lifetime Membership and Swag prizes (together, the “Prizes”) are awarded to Lifetime Winners and Swag Winners (together, the “Winners”) as is. Centr reserves the right to substitute any of the Prizes for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. The Prizes will be delivered within 1 month of the announcement of the Winners. If unclaimed within a reasonable time, Centr will conduct a redraw under the same circumstances. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities associated with receipt and use of the Prizes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated therewith not specified herein as being awarded, are the sole responsibility of each Winner.
5. Entry Periods:
- Swag Giveaway: The Challenge for Swag giveaway begins September 14, 2023 at 7:00AM EDT (the “Start Date”) and ends September 14, 2024 at 11:59PM EDT (the “End Date”) (“Swag Challenge Period”).
- Lifetime Membership Sweepstakes: The Challenge for a chance to win a Lifetime Membership commences at the start of each of the following four (4) entry periods: December 14th, 2023-March 13 2024; March 14-June 13, 2024; June 14th-September 14th, 2024 (each, a “Lifetime Membership Challenge Period”).
6. How to Enter:
- Swag Giveaway: Enter the Challenge for Swag giveaway by:
- (i) activating the Centr subscription that is part of Entrant’s Centr equipment and subscription bundle package (“Package”);
- (ii) completing twenty (20) Centr workouts, recipes or meditations in the Centr app (“Qualifying Activities”) within the first three (3) months after subscription activation; and
(iii) providing a mailing address within one (1) month of being notified by Centr that Entrant has completed 20 Qualifying Activities.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Centr will track the completion of all Qualifying Activities and receipt of alternative email entries, as applicable, in order to determine the Winners.
- Swag Winners: Winners will be drawn on December 14th, 2023 at 9:00AM EDT; March 14, 2024 at 9:00AM EDT; June 14th, 2024 at 9:00AM and September 14th, 2024 at 9:00AM; at 9-11 Cremorne St, Cremorne, 3121 VIC, Australia. Each Entrant who completes the entry requirements for the Swag giveaway during the Swag Challenge Period will be selected as a potential Winner and notified by email. Each Swag Winner’s identity, age and address may be subject to verification at Centr's discretion prior to the award of Swag.
- Lifetime Membership Winners: Winners will be drawn on December 14th, 2023 at 9:00AM EDT; March 14, 2024 at 9:00AM EDT; June 14th, 2024 at 9:00AM and September 14th, 2024 at 9:00AM; at 9-11 Cremorne St, Cremorne, 3121 VIC, Australia. One (1) Winner of a Lifetime Membership will be selected at the end of each Lifetime Membership Challenge Period for a total of four (4) Winners, and each potential Winner will be notified by email. Only one (1) Lifetime Membership will be awarded per person. In the event an Entrant is selected as a Lifetime Winner, such Entrant may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (the “Release”), and if Entrant is a Canadian resident, Entrant will be required to answer a skill-testing question, each by the date specified by Centr. Each Entrant will have an equal chance of winning the Lifetime Membership, unless they submit multiple entries within each Lifetime Membership Challenge Period. Odds of winning a Lifetime Membership depend on the number of entries received and not by any skill-related means.
- All Winners: Centr, in its sole discretion, may disqualify Entrant's entry for any reason, including if it determines that Entrant's entry fails to conform to these Rules in any way or contains unacceptable content. Canceling an Entrant’s subscription during any applicable entry period will not affect such Entrant’s eligibility in the Challenge or opportunity to win as long as Entrant otherwise has completed the applicable entry requirements. Entrants are responsible for having full and ongoing access to their email account in order to receive notifications from Centr as contemplated hereunder. Internet and data charges apply and are the responsibility of the Entrant. In the event an Entrant is selected as a Winner, Entrant agrees that Centr may publish Entrant's state/province/territory/country published on its Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter or other publication for a minimum period of 28 days. In the event: (a) a Winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or Winner’s notification is returned as undeliverable; (b) a Winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the applicable Prize for any reason; (c) Winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Challenge or receive a Prize, (e) Winner cannot or does not comply with the Rules, or (f) a Lifetime Winner fails to complete and return the Release in a timely manner or fails to fulfill the Release-related obligations, such Winner shall be disqualified from the Challenge, and in the case of a potential Lifetime Winner, an alternate Lifetime Winner may be selected, at Centr's sole discretion, from among the other eligible Entrants. Centr reserves the right to modify the notification and Release procedures in connection with the selection of alternate Lifetime Winner, if any.
9. Indemnification: Each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Centr which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Challenge; (b) defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Centr and its respective parent(s), subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, celebrities, and any other person and organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Challenge, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to (i) breach of the representations and warranties hereunder, (ii) negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Challenge, acceptance, possession, attendance at, defect in, delivery of, inability to use, use or misuse of Prizes (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the use of entry information as specified hereunder. Winner acknowledges that all Prizes are awarded as-is without warranty of any kind.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, Winner’s acceptance of Prizes constitutes the Winner’s agreement and consent for Centr and any of its designees to use and/or publish Winner’s full name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by Winner regarding the Challenge or Centr, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Centr, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval.
11. General Conditions: Centr and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Centr Parties”) shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any Prize to Entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Rules; (b) entries, Prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) Entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Challenge or claiming the Prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the Winner to accept the Prize for any reason; (f) if a Prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond the Centr Parties’ reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any Prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any Prize or resulting from participating in this Challenge or any promotion or Prize related activities. Centr reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge, or with any website promoting the Challenge; (b) acting in violation of these Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Challenge multiple times through the use of multiple email addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Centr determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Challenge, Centr reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Challenge, including the entire Challenge, and/or modify the Challenge and/or award the Prizes from all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Centr will maintain an accurate record during the Challenge (and will keep a copy for 5 years) of: (a) the financial accounting of the lottery; (b) the accounting for all entries; (c) the distribution of prizes; and (d) the prize draw.
12. Disputes: Except as otherwise set forth herein, each Entrant who resides in Australia and Canada unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. Dispute Resolution for U.S. Residents Only: If Entrant resides in the United States, the parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, Centr shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Los Angeles, California and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Los Angeles, California. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Los Angeles, California. Centr agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of the Entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (C) UNLESS REQUIRED BY ANY LAW, INCLUDING THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT.
13. Releases: By participating in the ‘Chris’s Challenge’, Entrant agrees to release the Centr Parties, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, Prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Challenge and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and Prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Challenge and/or acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize (or portion thereof).
14. Contact Details:
Sign up to unlock your full potential
All your tools in one place
Expert-training to fuel your fitness, nutrition and mindfulness.
Limitless ways to fuel your mind & body
Access to over 3,000 workouts, recipes, and meditations – all tailored to your goals.
Tech that keeps you moving
Download Centr on all your devices to level up and track your results live.